The FSSA offers three membership categories:
- Individual Membership
Open to all persons 18 years of age and over who are in good standing with the American Kennel Club. Upon approval, “Individual” memberships shall have one (1) vote, may hold office and may serve as a single sponsor for a new member.
- Family Membership
Open to all persons 18 years of age and over who are in good standing with the American Kennel Club. Upon approval, “Family” memberships shall have one (1) vote, may hold office and may serve as a single sponsor for a new member.
- Junior Membership
Open to all persons under the age of 18. Upon approval, “Junior” memberships shall enjoy all privileges of membership except voting or holding office.
All membership categories require you to secure the signatures of two (2) sponsors who are existing members in good standing with the Field Spaniel Society of America.
To apply for membership:
- Download the official club application by clicking on “Field Spaniel Society of America Membership Application”. The application is available as a PDF file. If you do not have the software to view this file, you may download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader by going here.
- Read, print, completely and legibly fill out all necessary areas, and sign the application. Your signature signifies your understanding of, and agreement with the Code of Ethics and to abide by the rules set forth in the Constitution, Bylaws, and Standing Book of Rules (SBR) of the Field Spaniel Society of America.
- Have your two (2) sponsors sign the application.
- Make initiation checks or money orders payable to the Field Spaniel Society of America in US funds only. The amount due is noted beside the “membership type” category you chose on your application.
- Enclose your completed application with payment and submit by postal mail to:
FSSA Membership Chairman
351 E. KERLEY CORS RD.,
TIVOLI NY 12583-5601
Our applicant process is simple. All proposed applicants are submitted to and published in our newsletter for review by our membership body where they are given a fifteen (15) day time period for potential comment. A total of thirty (30) days post-publication, our Board of Directors will vote on club business and proposed applicants within that issue. You will be notified of your status via postal mail shortly thereafter. This can be a lengthy process due to our newsletter publishing schedule.
We look forward to having you join us in membership. Thank you for your interest in the Field Spaniel Society of America!!